Monday, August 29, 2011

Splashing People on the Roof.

Picture this. The sun is shining outside after hours and hours of nonstop rain. The birds are singing and people you know are chilling outside. You decide to get your lazy ass out of your dorm room and walk outside. You walk down the stairs, open the door to the beautiful day...

And then a huge amount of water comes down on your head.

Luckily, I was not the victim of this attack. I was one of the perpetrators. (I'm not mean or evil, I swear!)

Maybe I should explain this more in detail.

My roommate, Julia, and I were being anti-social and reading in our dorm when one of our neighbors, Megan, walked into our room and proceeded to ask us if we wanted to hang out on the roof.

Confused about what she meant, we walked with Megan to her dorm so she could explain this adventure to us.

As it turns out, Megan (who lives in an awesome triple room), had windows that opened right onto the roof of our dorm. She had removed the screen, and if you climbed through the window, you landed right on the roof.

Naturally, Julia and I immediately agreed to climb onto the roof. After scraping up my legs a bit getting through the window, I stepped up onto the roof...and stepped into one foot deep water.

Because of all the rain, the roof had not drained properly, so the roof had become a mini swimming pool.

Julia, Megan and I began to wade around on the roof. Some people hanging out in our dorm's courtyard saw us and asked if they could come up. We said yes and five more people, including one guy with a skateboard, joined us.

That's when we started kicking water over the edge onto the poor bastards who decided to leave our hall. Many people where splashed and soaked as we took a sadistic pleasure in making those poor, dry people wet.

After about ten minutes we realized that one of the English professors apartments had a perfect view of our totally not illegal activities, everybody decided it would be best if we got off the roof. We left the roof, and Julia and I promised Megan that we would have more adventures with her throughout the year.

Now we just can't wait for it to snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment