Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I am not a poet

[The following is a sonnet I had to write for my Writing and Thinking class]


I am not a poet, oh you know it's true,
For rhymes simply don't appear in my head.
Oh those quatrains, they are far and few,
And that couplet simply leaves me dead.

Why do I need to write this sonnet?
All they talk about is love, death and that bright star.
Sometimes their words make me want to throw my bonnet,
Somewhere that is very very far.

However, maybe sonnets aren’t so bad,
For I hope this one has made you laugh.
Shakespeare and Keats really aren't so bad,
And they’re a heck of a lot more fun then doing math.

So after writing this sonnet, I guess it's plain to see,
I'm a poet, and it never even occurred to me.


Update: We had to read our sonnets aloud in class competition style, and I got second place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment